Q & A Session – Reporting Sick Leave Fraud


Ask the Lawyer received the following question (paraphrased for easier reading and clarity) from a reader on a legal matter that might be of interest to the entire audience.


How do I anonymously and safely report a fellow employee for suspected sick leave/continuation of pay fraud?


You can file an anonymous complaint online with the U.S.P.S. OIG Investigations Hotline, which receives information from employees, customers and the general public for reporting fraud, waste, and misconduct. To file anonymously, visit: https://www.uspsoig.gov/hotlinenewforms.cfm.

Another option to report suspected fraud or violations relating to any DOL program is through the DOL OIG Hotline at hotline@oig.dol.gov or 1-800-347-3756.

Bill Bransford is managing partner of Shaw, Bransford & Roth, PC.

Disclaimer: Ask a Lawyer publishes information on this website for informational purposes only. Information on this website is intended – but not promised, guaranteed, or warranted – to reflect correct, complete and current developments. In addition, the contents of the website do not constitute legal advice and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the attorney. Information from this website is not intended to be used as a substitute for specific legal advice, nor should you consider it as such. You should not act, or refrain from acting, based on information on this website without seeking specific legal advice about your particular circumstances. No attorney-client relationship between you and Ask a Lawyer’s author is created by the transmission of information to or from this site.


About Author

Debra Roth

Debra L. Roth is a partner at the law firm Shaw Bransford & Roth, a federal employment law firm in Washington, D.C. She is general counsel to the Senior Executives Association and the Federal Managers Association, host of the “FEDtalk” program on Federal News Radio, and a regular contributor to Federal News Radio’s “Federal Drive” morning show. Email your legal questions to lawyer@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply