Q & A Session – Federal Employee to Contractor


Ask the Lawyer received the following question (paraphrased for easier reading and clarity) from a reader on a legal matter that might be of interest to the entire audience.


Can a federal employee move from a GS-13 operations lead position to a contractor project manager position for the same contract company that had the operations contract?


If you are talking about yourself, the answer to your question should come from your designated agency ethics official (DAEO). That person will answer your question. If you are talking about someone else, you can report your concerns to an IG hotline or to the DAEO, if that office also has an enforcement or investigative capability.


Bill Bransford is managing partner of Shaw, Bransford & Roth, PC.

Disclaimer: Ask a Lawyer publishes information on this website for informational purposes only. Information on this website is intended – but not promised, guaranteed, or warranted – to reflect correct, complete and current developments. In addition, the contents of the website do not constitute legal advice and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the attorney. Information from this website is not intended to be used as a substitute for specific legal advice, nor should you consider it as such. You should not act, or refrain from acting, based on information on this website without seeking specific legal advice about your particular circumstances. No attorney-client relationship between you and Ask a Lawyer’s author is created by the transmission of information to or from this site.



About Author

Leave A Reply