Q & A Session – Retaliation Complaint


Ask the Lawyer received the following question (paraphrased for easier reading and clarity) from a reader on a legal matter that might be of interest to the entire audience.


After I submitted allegations of EEO discrimination and an informal investigation was completed, I was transferred to another agency for being disruptive and causing lack of productivity. That’s something I have never done. Can I hold the agency and it’s leadership accountable for not taking any action against my supervisor and transferring me?


The EEO system will adjudicate your complaint. You also may file a retaliation complaint for your reassignment. The process is slow and imperfect, but it’s pretty much your most effective remedy and it may be your only remedy.

Bill Bransford is managing partner of Shaw, Bransford & Roth, PC.

Disclaimer: Ask a Lawyer publishes information on this website for informational purposes only. Information on this website is intended – but not promised, guaranteed, or warranted – to reflect correct, complete and current developments. In addition, the contents of the website do not constitute legal advice and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the attorney. Information from this website is not intended to be used as a substitute for specific legal advice, nor should you consider it as such. You should not act, or refrain from acting, based on information on this website without seeking specific legal advice about your particular circumstances. No attorney-client relationship between you and Ask a Lawyer’s author is created by the transmission of information to or from this site.



About Author

Leave A Reply