Q & A Session – Denying LQA


Ask the Lawyer received the following question (paraphrased for easier reading and clarity) from a reader on a legal matter that might be of interest to the entire audience.


My local human resources officer denied my LQA when I transitioned from a contractor to a federal employee after it was offered and promised to me. Should I have an attorney look over my case?


Living quarters allowance or LQA entitlement is based on Department of State regulation and generally designed to enhance the recruitment of U.S. citizens to work overseas. Whether you qualify depends on whether you meet the Department of State’s rules. Check them out and make your case to human resources.

Bill Bransford is managing partner of Shaw, Bransford & Roth, PC.

Disclaimer: Ask a Lawyer publishes information on this website for informational purposes only. Information on this website is intended – but not promised, guaranteed, or warranted – to reflect correct, complete and current developments. In addition, the contents of the website do not constitute legal advice and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the attorney. Information from this website is not intended to be used as a substitute for specific legal advice, nor should you consider it as such. You should not act, or refrain from acting, based on information on this website without seeking specific legal advice about your particular circumstances. No attorney-client relationship between you and Ask a Lawyer’s author is created by the transmission of information to or from this site.



About Author

Leave A Reply