Q & A Session – Compensation for On-the-Job Injury


Ask the Lawyer received the following question (paraphrased for easier reading and clarity) from a reader on a legal matter that might be of interest to the entire audience.


I was injured in 2009 while lifting heavy bags. As a result, I ended up with three herniated disc and two bulging disc. At times, I am in a lot of pain which interferes with my duties. I then got in trouble for improper lifting. Do you think I can get compensated for my injury? And if I do, will I lose my job or will I not be able to acquire another federal job?


If you were injured on the job, you should file a claim for workers’ compensation. Your claim will be adjudicated by the Department of Labor. See your HR office for the appropriate forms.

Bill Bransford is managing partner of Shaw Bransford & Roth PC.

Disclaimer: Ask a Lawyer publishes information on this website for informational purposes only. Information on this website is intended – but not promised, guaranteed, or warranted – to reflect correct, complete and current developments. In addition, the contents of the website do not constitute legal advice and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the attorney. Information from this website is not intended to be used as a substitute for specific legal advice, nor should you consider it as such. You should not act, or refrain from acting, based on information on this website without seeking specific legal advice about your particular circumstances. No attorney-client relationship between you and Ask a Lawyer’s author is created by the transmission of information to or from this site.


About Author

Leave A Reply