Q & A Session – Workmen’s Compensation


Ask the Lawyer received the following question (paraphrased for easier reading and clarity) from a reader on a legal matter that might be of interest to the entire audience.


In 2011, I requested accommodation of an electric stapler due to carpal tunnel syndrome and also started occupation therapy. It took five months for the agency to agree to the request and then the therapy failed since I was doing the same repetitive tasks. I now have to take off work for surgery. My question is whether I could be paid for my time off work under workmen’s compensation.


You should ask your HR office for the forms to file a workmen’s compensation claim. These claims are adjudicated by the Department of Labor and they will determine the merit of your claim.

Bill Bransford is managing partner of Shaw Bransford & Roth PC.

Disclaimer: Ask a Lawyer publishes information on this website for informational purposes only. Information on this website is intended – but not promised, guaranteed, or warranted – to reflect correct, complete and current developments. In addition, the contents of the website do not constitute legal advice and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the attorney. Information from this website is not intended to be used as a substitute for specific legal advice, nor should you consider it as such. You should not act, or refrain from acting, based on information on this website without seeking specific legal advice about your particular circumstances. No attorney-client relationship between you and Ask a Lawyer’s author is created by the transmission of information to or from this site.


About Author

Leave A Reply